Sunday, May 12, 2013

Gotta First Timer Here...Take 2

Hello everyone and thanks for stopping by.  Blogs and links to my vlogs from YouTube will be hosted here for now on vice on Facebook.  This will range from dance fitness news to my impressions, reviews, and gameplay of PC online games with much more along the way.  Here is an intro blog into both worlds I am involved in. 

Who would have thought from my sandbox martial arts days that I would turn into a dance fitness instructor for Zumba® Fitness...not a lot but since joining the family I am loving every moment of it.  As I said before I started out as a Taekwondo Instructor in Indiana teaching kids and adults in the late 90s.  After that I joined a community theater group and started to pick up jazz, tap, hip hop, and even some ballet dancing before joining the US Navy in 2001.  I still continued teaching martial arts while serving on USS Kittyhawk CV-63 in Yokosuka, Japan and dance pretty much took a sit in the night clubs.  It wouldn't be until 2011 when I moved my family to Misawa, Japan where I met +Lauren Fitz and Dawn Souza and got me hooked into Zumba®.  I dropped 30 pounds, went back to Indiana to get certified by the awesome Lindsey Taylor, and returned to Misawa to begin my new life as a fitness instructor.  I would later get certified with the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) as a Primary Group Fitness Instructor and begin teaching Hip Hop classes in the footsteps of Lauren and inspiration of other hip hop instructors I have learned from.


As much as I enjoy teaching aerobic dance fitness classes I am also a PC gamer at heart.  Having my gaming date back to the 80s with Atari games like Joust up to recent online games such as Guild Wars 2 you can say I've been around the block.  I recently shifted to playing PC online games as today's market for single player games has changed with the rise of downloadable content or DLC.  So instead of paying $60 of a single player game and then later paying $10 or more for DLC for that single player game I might as well play a sub based, free to play (F2P), or buy to play (B2P) MMO and have a community to hang out with.  Gameplay and community are a big part to online gaming since they are the two biggest things you will be doing in these kinds of games.  It’s the reason why online games like World of Warcraft remains the most popular MMORPG because the gameplay is easy to learn and has a big community.

So before this turns into a chapter to a long book thanks for stopping by and my posts are on the way on what’s going on in this crazy world of dance fitness and gaming I am hooked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment